We are looking for a Back of House Culinary Trainer to be a part of a dynamic Learning and Development team to support our company’s growth.
The Sporting Globe® is a hospitality and sports entertainment brand with a mission to be Australia's most loved sports Bar and Grill. We offer high-quality pub food complemented by a large range of beers, cocktails, and spirits in a welcoming family atmosphere. The venue is complete with a state-of-the-art fit-out, including over 70 screens!
The Sporting Globe is the ultimate venue to eat, drink and catch a game. Since launching The Sporting Globe, the business has already been recognised as a leader by the Victorian Australian Hotels Association and Fox Sports voted as a finalist for Best Sporting Bar, Pub Tab & Specialty Venue.
We are seeking a Back Of House Culinary Trainer who has a passion for consistency, teamwork and producing great quality food! This person will train cooks and chefs while supporting the day-to-day operations of the kitchens across Australia.
This role will oversee BOH operations and team member training. This role is responsible for on-the-job training, educational seminars and supporting new venue openings.
The role requires adherence to Sporting Globe's Brand Standards and optimising profits through the effective implementation and management of systems, controls, policies, and manuals relating to kitchen operations.
This role also requires regular travel across Australia to have a impact on our entire network.
- Oversee onboarding of BOH team member training and development, including brand standards, recipe compliance, OH&S, food safety, systems, SOPs, compliance, including for New Venue Openings.
- Identify potential internal Head Chef and Sous Chefs candidates.
- Manage the Sporting Globe 'Supervisor in Training' Program for the kitchen teams.
- Supports Head Chefs and Venue Managers in establishing, developing, and maintaining a rich pipeline of future kitchen leaders in each restaurant to ensure adequate staffing and capability in all restaurants.
- Ensure the requirements of the training calendar are met.
What are we looking for?
- An individual who has a passion for leadership, consistency and teamwork
- A focus on producing excellent quality food through preparation and delivery of our fantastic menu within a high-volume restaurant and pub environment
- Adhering to best practice systems, cleanliness, food safety and kitchen hygiene
- An ability to train, coach and develop team members
To be successful, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience as a Training Manager, Head Chef or Sous Chef in a hotel, restaurant, or pub environment.
- Energetic attitude, a team player approach and a strong work ethic
- Experience and understanding of financial controls of a hospitality business
- Passion for providing exceptional quality food to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Commitment to upholding our brand standards, OH&S and food hygiene procedures.
- Certificate III or IV in Commercial Cookery is required.
- Eligibility to work in Australia.
The Sporting Globe maintains an excellent staff retention rate primarily due to our fantastic work conditions, high levels of training, competitive remuneration and career progression opportunities. If you think you are the right person for this fast-paced but fun environment, please apply Now!