As a Graphic Designer at TGI Fridays, you will play a vital role in crafting visually captivating print and digital designs that align with our brand identity and marketing strategies. You will collaborate with our marketing, procurement, and operations teams to create designs that engage our target audience and elevate our brand presence. We value innovative ideas and encourage out-of-the-box thinking, allowing you to express your creativity, make a real impact, and have that WOW factor.
TGI Fridays was built upon a legacy of great food, inventive drinks and big FUN; Fridays™ has become a favourite place for friends to CELEBRATE together and enjoy a casual dining experience. TGI Fridays are the world's largest full-service casual dining restaurant chain, with over 900 restaurants, in 60 countries. TGI Fridays was established in New York in 1965, arriving in Australia in 1995. Since then, we have grown our brand to 20 locations across Australia, delivering our famous TGI Fridays experience with great American food, cocktails and service!
Our umbrella company Signature Hospitality Group has extensive hospitality experience and a demonstrated ability to build strong brands and businesses. The group also includes The Sporting Globe Bar & Grill, Varsity and the W.J. Wills Eatery in South Melbourne's heart. There may be times you work across other Signature brands.
- Demonstrate leadership in design and take ownership of all design projects, from conceptual presentations to final artwork.
- Contribute to and implement the brands’ style guide across all design collateral, ensuring consistent standards and considering how the brand should evolve to stay fresh and relevant
- Development of design concepts across multiple channels and applications, both print and digital, that will make the brand stand out with new and future guests
- Design and delivery of print-ready campaign and marketing materials, including menus, point of sale, signage, and in-house collateral
- Design and optimisation of multi-format digital campaign and marketing materials, including social, eDM, digital display and web
- Manage creative time, negotiate deliverables, review creative briefs for accuracy and clarity, establish and commit to artwork deadlines
- Communication with management teams, print suppliers and other internal and external stakeholders
- Independently take briefs and develop design jobs from conceptual presentations to final artwork
- Keeping abreast of art and design trends and delivering 'outside of the box' design solutions across both print and digital
- Provide creative direction for photo shoots
- Provide general marketing support to the organisation as required
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum 3 years experience as a full-time graphic designer, ideally within retail or hospitality industries
- Deep knowledge and skills in Adobe Creative suite (specifically Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Experience in conception and design across print, web, eDM and social media
- Basic experience in food styling and food composition for photography
- Basic experience in animation/motion graphic development competency
- Strong layout, typography and typesetting skills, and taking pride in the details
- HTML5 design competency for website and digital advertising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A deep understanding of current design standards and trends
- Curious and eager to learn new techniques, tools, and technologies to remain best practice
- Self-motivation with the ability to work within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A passion and commitment to producing great work
Why join the team?
- A fun and energetic team environment
- Growing company with endless opportunities to learn and develop
- Work on national and international brands
- Celebrate our team through recognition, birthdays, team events, lunches and more!
- Training and development
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Discounts across TGI Fridays, & Sporting Globe Bar & Grill.