The Sporting Globe® is a hospitality and sports entertainment brand with a mission to be Australia's most loved sports Bar and Grill.
We offer high-quality pub food complemented by a large range of beers, cocktails, and spirits in a welcoming family atmosphere. The venue is complete with a state-of-the-art fit-out, including over 70 screens!
The Sporting Globe is the ultimate venue to eat, drink and catch a game. Since launching The Sporting Globe, the business has already been recognised as a leader by the Victorian Australian Hotels Association and Fox Sports voted as a finalist for Best Sporting Bar, Pub Tab & Specialty Venue.
This role requires an energetic, positive and hard working person that will thrive in a busy environment and strive to grow the functions throughout the venue by creating relationships with past, present and future clients.
The Sporting Globe is seeking a hard-working and vibrant Restaurant and Functions Manager to join the management team and drive excellent service and client relationships.
We are looking for a leader who has a passion for hospitality, teamwork, coaching, providing and demonstrating great customer service and growing our relationships within functions by turning enquires into seamless and exciting events that continue to return.
• Operations across the venue, including running the restaurant, bar and functions.
• Creating and growing relationships with our members and sponsored clubs
• Overall management of the FOH operational facets of the business.
• Adherence to OH&S and Food Hygiene procedures.
• Identifying opportunities to build sales and revenue whilst controlling costs with a focus on growth within functions.
• Ensuring superior service and quality to ensure delivery of outstanding guest experiences.
• Drive a positive working environment and lead by example as a senior restaurant leader
• Critical to this role is the ability to take a strategic approach in driving revenue, management, food and beverage, customer service and achieving financial targets.
What is required?
• Extensive Management experience preferred but not essential, with opportunity for training and growth.
• Exposure to both Bar and Restaurant environments
• The ability to lead, train and develop a team
• RSA, TAB Basics & Advanced preferred but not essential
• First aid certificate is preferred but not essential
• Functions experience preferred although extensive training is available for the right candidate.
Why EAT, DRINK, SPORT at The Sporting Globe?
• Competitive remuneration package
• Rapidly expanding business with opportunities to progress within the company.
• Opportunity to manage a brand new, highly regarded, community incorporated the venue, with a large team.
• A strong support system is in place to assist the management team, Head Office in providing all the tools necessary for you to run the business.
• Opportunity to manage a brand new, highly regarded, community incorporated venue, with a large team.
• All the tools that are necessary for you to run the business efficiently and effectively.
• Opportunity to travel for work
• The large Support team from our Operations team, finance, IT, marketing, Customer Service, Development and People & Culture.
The Sporting Globe maintains an excellent staff retention rate largely due to our fantastic work conditions, high levels of training, competitive remuneration and career progression opportunities. If you think you are the right person for this fast-paced, but fun environment