TGI Fridays are looking for talented, passionate and driven Line Cooks to join the growing team of cooks and chefs at our TGI Fridays restaurants!
At TGI FRIDAYS we do things big, bold and delicious! In Australia!
Born in New York in 1965, TGI FRIDAYS is now the world's largest full-service casual dining restaurant group with almost 1,000 restaurants in 61 countries. Our brand has been built on an awesome history of innovation and doing things differently, something we want to embrace with our future team. If you have a passion for quality and standards, great food and drinks and bringing the best out of the people you work with, this role is for you.
Our Cooks and Chefs are responsible for producing our great-tasting American food like wings, ribs, pasta and more in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high-quality standards of Food Safety and Execution.
On all kitchen-related matters, you will report to the Head Chef or Sous Chef when they are on shift; in their absence the Venue Manager.
All apprentices and kitchen hands will report to the most senior kitchen staff member working at the time. Which will be the Chef in the absence of the Head Chef or Sous Chef.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- To ensure that all meals are cooked in a manner that adheres to the restaurants recipe & plating guides as well as ensuring all meals are served in a timely manner and are of the highest possible quality.
- Ensuring staff are allocated sections and secondary duties throughout their shifts, as well as managing general kitchen operations in conjunction with the head chef.
- To maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen, that adheres to all food preparation and cleanliness guidelines. Also ensuring staff are following the kitchen cleaning systems
- Possesses experience and demonstrates competency, and actively participates in all technical aspects of cooking; including but not limited to grilling, deep frying, shallow frying, sautéing, blanching of vegetables, meat, seafood, and poultry
- Participate and preparation, cooking and presentation of all menu items with attention to detail and adherence to standards, working across all kitchen stations including prep, fry, grill, sandwich, pasta and salad stations
- Cleaning and organising the kitchen and stock holding areas
- Occupational Health and Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure kitchen cleanliness is maintained to TGI Fridays standards
- Helping the head chef to improve current menu items and to develop specials and LTOs (limited-time offers)
- Stock orders, Delivery receipts, temperature logs etc.
- Fully Trade Qualified preferred
- Cert 3 in Commercial Cookery preferred
Here at TGI Fridays, we are committed to developing and nurturing our people through our world-renowned training programs. Through our Fridays Academy, we provide the opportunity to participate in training seminars and on-the-job development to ensure that every Team Member is confident and competent to deliver our brand standards.
Why TGI Fridays?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Rapidly expanding business with opportunities to progress within the company.
- Opportunity to manage a brand new, highly regarded, community incorporated venue, with a large team.
- Strong support and training systems in place to assist the management team, with Head Office by your side.
- All the tools are necessary for you to run the business efficiently and effectively.
If you are ready to join the Fridays Family, apply now!
opportunity to participate in training seminars and on-the-job development to ensure that every Team Member is confident and competent to deliver our brand standards.